Your scheduled procedure will take place at WIMC at 3100 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 300. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. 919-781-7500, ext. 1281 (Ann) or 1278 (Sammie)
Four (4) days before procedure
- No iron supplements for the four days before the procedure.
24 hours before procedure
- Eat a normal diet until 12:00 noon. From noon to 8:00 p.m. you may have clear liquids only. NO RED JELL-O.
- No Carafate, Mylanta or Maalox for 24 hours prior to procedure.
- No smoking 24 hours prior to procedure.
12 hours prior to procedure
- No medications.
- NOTHING to eat or drink.
Night before procedure
1. Drink 1/2 bottle of Half-Lytley at 7:00 p.m. the night before (No RED Magnesium Citrate).
Day of procedure
- TAKE 2 PHAZYME TABLETS BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- Dress comfortably and wear two-piece clothing.
- You may take your medications AFTER your procedure.
- You will need to return to the office at 4:15 p.m. to return the capsule endoscopy equipment.
We will download the images for your physician to review. Please be aware that you should not have an MRI or be near an MRI device until after you have passed the camera capsule through a bowel movement.
Clear Liquid Diet
Clear bouillon, clear broth or consommé
Tea, black coffee (decaf or regular), carbonated beverages (soft drinks), Kool-Aid, Gatorade, water, cranberry juice, grape juice, apple juice.
NO ORANGE OR TOMATO JUICE
Jell-O (no red), popsicles, water ices (no red flavors)
Sugar, salt, hard candy (life savers, etc.)